Tcat Server 6 R3 Release Notes
Tcat Server 6 R3 fixes several bugs, but also bundles the official release binaries of Tomcat version 6.0.26.
Support for Tomcat 7.0.0 BETA
- The Tcat Server 6 R3 agent.war runs within the Tomcat 7.0.0 Beta release, meaning the Administration Console can provide diagnostics, deployment, management, and monitoring capabilities.
NOTE: The Administration Console does not currently run within Tomcat 7.0.0 Beta.
Windows Service Support
- Tcat Server is now installed as a Windows Service by default on Windows operating systems
- You may install, configure, and operate multiple Tcat Server Windows services independently
- Remote restarts of Tcat Server Windows services are offered transparently through the Tcat Server console
IE Web Browser Support
- Tested to work in Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8
- Improved support for Windows IE 7.x and higher versions
- Deployment status now easily viewed (Successful, Reconciled, Unreconciled, etc.)
- Deployments can be restored with one click using Deployment History tab
- Tcat Server instances can be renamed on Windows and Linux
- Multiple Tcat Servers on a single machine using installer
- Tcat Server 6.3 Installer upgrades smoothly from 6.2.1 and 6.2.0
- Server Profiles including environment variables, can now be imported and exported, making it easier to deploy settings for Alfresco or JRebel environments onto multiple Tcat instances
- Multicasting in the Tcat Server agent may now be disabled
- Admin Shell component enables Groovy scripts to be executed on the server, enabling you to hook into deployment events. For instance, you could configure a load balancer to take one server out of rotation while it was being updated, and return to rotation as soon as the update was complete.
|<< Previous: Maven Publishing Plug-in||Next: Release Notes 6.2 >>|