Upgrading to Tcat Server 6 R4
If you have an older version of Tcat Server installed, the new installer will retain all paired servers, new web applications, user roles, server profiles, and environment variables you have saved.
If you are using a version of Tcat Server 6 earlier than R3, you need to follow the upgrade path to R3 first.
The Tcat Server 6.4.5 console is not backward-compatible with agents from older releases of Tcat.
Follow these steps:
Download the Tcat Server installer for Windows (.exe), Linux and Solaris (.sh), and Mac OS (.dmg) from http://www.mulesoft.com/download-tcat-server-enterprise-tomcat.
Run the Installer
- Run the Installer
- Point to the existing application install directory
- The installer retains all your existing settings.
After upgrading Tcat Server, and before logging into the Tcat Server console in your web browser again, make sure that you clear your browser's file cache. Without doing clearing your browser cache, the console web application will run without incident, but the older version of Tcat's console code that is still resident in your web browser will not match the new server side of the console, and this will cause errors in the Tcat console logs, and erratic behavior in the web browser.
What the Installer Does
The Tcat Server 6 R4 installer is designed to perform the following tasks:
- Back up the agent web application (copies webapp/agent to tcat-backup/agent) and unpack the new one
- Back up the console web application (copies webapp/console to tcat-backup/console) and unpack the new one
- Back up any user-modified Tomcat configuration files in the conf directory tree (copies conf to tcat-backup/conf)
- Preserve old agent.properties which defines which port the agent is listening on
- Preserve agent truststore.jks used to provide security settings associated with the agent
Once the installer has completed the upgrade, you should compare the new Tcat Server configuration files in the conf directory with the older configuration files in tcat-backup/conf to determine which of your changes you want to carry forward into the new Tcat Server configuration.
|<< Previous: Installation||Next: Multiple Instances on a Single Machine >>|