Installing an Enterprise License
MuleSoft makes available trial versions of its Enterprise Edition runtime for the purpose of evaluation. Though perfect for exploring the myriad uses of Mule ESB, Anypoint Studio and Mule Management Console, the trial license for Enterprise limits usage of the runtime. Complete the following steps to acquire and install an Enterprise license, then begin using Mule ESB runtime in a production environment.
- Contact MuleSoft to acquire an Enterprise license in the form of a
- If you are installing your license on multiple platforms, back up your new
license.licfile in another location before proceeding.
- Open the terminal or command line on your system.
- On Mac/Unix/Linux, from the
$MULE_HOME/bindirectory, run the following command:
mule -installLicense ~/license.lic
On Windows, first copy the
license.licfile into the \bin folder, then execute the following in the command line:
mule -installLicense license.lic
Mule removes the trial license and replaces it with the enterprise edition license. In the
$MULE_HOME/confdirectory, Mule saves a new file called
Verify or Remove Enterprise Edition License
To verify that Mule successfully installed your Enterprise license, run the following command:
To uninstall a previously installed license, run the following command:
Install Enterprise License on Embedded Mule Server
Though not recommended for production environments, you have the option of installing an Enterprise license on the embedded Mule Server that comes bundled with Mule ESB with Studio.
- Download and install Mule ESB with Mule Management Console and Enterprise Edition runtime.
- Contact MuleSoft to acquire an Enterprise Edition license in the form of a
- Complete the steps outlined above to install the new license on your Mule ESB standalone runtime.
- From the
$MULE_HOME/confdirectory, copy the new license file that Mule stored:
muleLicenseKey.licfile into the classpath of your embedded application in Mule.
Install Product Licenses
To use the SAP Connector and High Availability Clustering, you must first acquire, then install a product license. Contact MuleSoft to acquire a license for one of the above products.
The MuleSoft Enterprise Maven customer repository allows you to access Mule Enterprise modules, connectors, and other components not included in the trial or community versions. See Configuring Maven POM Files and Settings for details.