Mule ESB 3.1.0 EE Release Notes
Mule Enterprise Version 3.1 is the first Enterprise Edition of Mule 3, and it includes lots of new features added in Community editions 3.0 and 3.0.1:
- Updated and re-organized online documentation
- Improved Mule schema documentation
- Asynchronous flows are now fully supported
- New routing message processors
- Support for jBPM 4.4
- Support for Spring Security v3
- New BPM message processor/component
- Over 40 important fixes
Current Release Version
Mule 3.1 Improvements
The biggest enhancements in Mule 3.1 are the new features for Mule Cloud-Connect. It is now very simple to, for instance:
- Invoke a cloud service
- Use the data it returns to invoke other services
- Combine the data returned by all of these services
- Use the result to invoke yet another service (or write it to a database, or persist it as XML, or format it as a web page, or...There's really no limit but your imagination.)
Migration from Previous Versions
For instructions on migrating from a previous version, consult the Mule Migration page.
The three main innovations here are
- <strong>invoke</strong>, which makes calling a cloud service a snap.
- <strong>poll</strong>, which makes it easy to poll a service for incoming data.
- <strong>enricher</strong>, which lets you combine data from many different calls into one rich message.
Improvements to Logging
In addition, Mule configurations now support a simple yet powerful logging facility, which provides access to log4J levels and categories together with the full range of Mule expressions. For instance,
- CXF 2.3.0 support includes WS-Addressing, WS-Reliable Messaging, and WS-Secure Conversation
- MULE-4689 - The crytpix libs used by the PGP module replace with bouncycastle
- MULE-4774 - EndpointMessageNotification now provided for response messages of synchronous transports
- MULE-5110 - Defining attribute "processEngine-ref" of connector "jbpm-connector" as IDREF in mule-bpm.xsd is now less restrictive
- MULE-5114 - JBPM 4.4 now supported
- MULE-5152 - MULE_HOME no longer needs to be set before starting Mule
- MULE-5204 - Hibernate version 3.6.0 now supported
- MULE-5224 - Generates warnings for deprecated schema elements
- MULE-5228 - Variable expression evaluator/enricher for temporary storage during flow
- MULE-5248 - JCA packaging from CE removed
Mule Management Console Highlights
Application provisioning (Deployment support)
Integrated Application Repository
Service Metrics (Throughput, Response Time, Errors)
Additional SLA Alerts (JMX metrics, etc)
Versioning backward compatibility agent
Permissions (Role base authorization)
This section describes the known issues in this release and how to work around each issue.
Mule Enterprise Version 3.1 builds on the features added in versions 3.0 and 3.0.1. Following is a complete list issues fixed specifically for Mule Enterprise Version 3.1 including Mule HQ. Click a column heading to sort by that column.