- All Superinterfaces:
- Disposable, Initialisable, Router
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- AbstractCorrelationAggregator, AbstractEventAggregator, BankQuotesInboundAggregator, CorrelationEventResequencer, ForwardingConsumer, IdempotentReceiver, IdempotentSecureHashReceiver, InboundPassThroughRouter, MessageChunkingAggregator, SelectiveConsumer, SimpleCollectionAggregator, WireTap
public interface InboundRouter
- extends Router
InboundRouter defines an interface for an inbound Message
router. An inbound router is used to control how events are received by a
service. One or more of these routers can be associated with a
- See Also:
Determines if the event should be processed by this router.
A received MuleEvent is passed to this method for processing.
MuleEvent process(MuleEvent event)
- A received MuleEvent is passed to this method for processing. The router can
control processing by either 1. passing back a null to indicate that the
router has either discarded the event of the event has been stored for further
processing. A reaosn for storing the event might be that other events in it's
correlation group are expected to be received. 2. Pass back an array of one or
more events to be processed by the service. Often 1 event is returned, i.e.
in the case of event aggregation. The router may return an array of events if
a set of events have been resequenced or multiple events have been generated
from a single event.
event - the event received by the inbound endpoint before it is passed to
- null to indicate the event has been stored/destroyed or an array of
events to be processed by the service
MessagingException - if an error occurs during processing of the event
boolean isMatch(MuleEvent event)
- Determines if the event should be processed by this router. Routers can be
selectively invoked by configuing a filter on them. Usually the filter is
applied to the event when calling this method. All core Mule inbound routers
extend the SelectiveConsumer router.
event - the current event to evaluate
- true if the event should be processed by this router
MessagingException - if the event cannot be evaluated
- See Also:
Copyright © 2003-2009 MuleSource, Inc.. All Rights Reserved.